ANCHORAGE 4th of JULY CELEBRATION
Join the Tradition!
The annual Anchorage Independence Day celebration, brought to you by the Anchorage Civic Club, is a long-standing and well-loved tradition in our community and is a large part of our small-town charm. Join your neighbors for the fun!
Dusk: Fireworks over Owl Creek Country Club, co-sponsored by OCCC
Please do not bring your own food, beverages, or fireworks on the premises.
Firecracker “Almost” 5K/10K Walk/Run
Registration 8:15 a.m., Race 9:00 a.m.
Bring your family and friends – everyone is welcome and can participate, regardless of age or experience. Prizes and plaques awarded for the best time in male and female categories by age and distance.
· Registration begins at 8:15 a.m. outside the lower level of the Sea Hag restaurant. Click HERE for a printable entry form to bring with you the day of the race.
· The race will begin at 9:00 a.m. in front of “Shall We Dance Studio,” move through the city streets and conclude with The Anchorage Trail Loop.
· $20.00 for adults, includes official hat or t-shirt (only $15 for all Civic Club members)
· $5 for kids/students under 21, includes official hat or medallion.
· Maximum charge per family to participate is $40.00.
· Admission is FREE for members of the Anchorage Public School Cross Country team and Girls on the Run.
Registration 4:45 p.m., Parade 5:30 p.m.
Everyone can be part of the Independence Day Parade! Decorate your bike, stroller, car, golf cart, tractor, horse, hat, or whatever you have. Registration begins at 4:45 p.m.
Motorized vehicles line up at Anchorage Presbyterian Church, non-motorized in the Anchorage Crossings parking lot. The parade begins at 5:30 p.m.
Prize Categories: • Best Bike/Scooter • Best Family •Most Original • Judges’ Award • Best Golf Cart, etc. • Best Horse/Animal •Most Bizarre • Norman Rockwell Small Town USA • Best Car/Truck • Good Neighbors
Picnic and Games
Location: Wagner Park
· 6:15 p.m. – Announcements at Wagner Park. Firecracker Run winners, parade winners, and presentation of the manure spreader.
· 6:30 p.m. – Picnic on the lawn. Please bring your own food and beverages.
· 7:00 p.m. – Games! Hula-hoop, tug o’war, egg toss, and more. Fun for the entire family!
Oct. 17 - Anchorfest
Nov. 28 - Turkey Trot
For addtiional information regarding upcoming events, please see the current edition of
The Anchor Age newsletter.